Part I – Importing/Workflow
1. Open Adobe Lightroom.
2. Plug your camera in and go to Import.
Check the following:
- Make a new folder in your folder area.
- Call it Senior or the Seniors Name
- Type the word “SeniorsName” for your custom sequence.
- Make sure the starting number is 1
Part II – Printing
Printing is going to be a little different so pay close attention.
1. Within Lightroom be in the Library mode.
2. Make sure the Senior folder is selected.
3. Choose the Print mode areas.
4. Within the Template Browser area choose Lightroom Templates > 5×9 Landscape Contact Sheet.
NOTE — You may have to click off to another template and then back to 5×9 Landscape Contact Sheet for it to look correct.
5. Press Ctrl+A (Select all images)
This is where life will change a little:
6. Now go to the RIGHT side of screen and make the following adjustments in each area:
- Uncheck Rotate to fit
- Under page grid change: Rows 6 Columns 5
- Cell Spacing make both Vertical and Horizontal 0 (zero)
- Identity Plate – checked
- Override color – checked (black)
- Edit the Identity plate to read Name comma high school comma class period. Example: ClassPeriod-HighSchoolLetter-First Last Name 3-C-Justin Case
- Move and enlarge the Identity plate to an area of the page where it can be seen and read.
Page Options – Underneath do the following:
- Check – Page Numbers
- Uncheck – Page info
- Uncheck – Crop marks
- Make sure Photo Info is checked and is set to Filename
- Make sure Print to: is set to Printer.
Return to the left side of the screen and double check that you are printing to the HP 4700 Color LaserJet Printer.
At this time press Print ONE TIME only.
Go and get your papers off the printer.
Staple (if you’re not stapling….. that’s not good)
After stapling. Write on the back date, time, & place images were shot.
Turn in to your instructor
Part III – Deleting
1. Once all SOOC images have been printed delete THE WORST images. NOT ALL bad images.
2. Go to the Loupe view. (Press the letter E)
3. Using the arrow keys. Go through your images quickly and rate only the good ones with a 1 (one) star rating.