Part I – Blog Post
Make a new blog post. Give the post a unique title in regards to the event.
Make sure to set the category to Assignment and make a new category for your post entitled “Action”.
Now within your post place information about the event and images. Be descriptive and detailed. Here are some sample questions you could talk about:
- Difference between this shoot and the first one.
- Lighting issues.
- Speed issues.
- Things you knew to do differently
- When you checked and got your first good image.
- What you could have done differently for an image or event.
- The lens you used.
- The camera settings. Light, ISO, shutter, etc.
- The amount of time editing. Time taken on site to edit images.
- Spray and pray. Or waiting to shoot.
You may want to type everything in Microsoft Word and then copy/paste it into WordPress.
Part II – Images
1. Find your best 20 images from the event.
- 5 Pregame
- 5 Action
- 5 Re-Action
- 5 Halftime
2. Crop, edit, fix, etc each of your images.
3. Once the images are edited. Use the Export option to export all images to your Blog Post folder. Make sure to include your logo watermark.
Part III – Pixieset
Go to your Pixieset account.
Create a new set for the Game 2.
Place in the set your best 30 images. (10 images may come from your blog post).
Part IV – Blog Post Revisited
Post all images into the post. NOT as a gallery or slideshow.
Do not place all of your information in one or two sections of your blog. Spread it out over the entire post under the images.
Somewhere towards the bottom of your post link to your Pixieset of images.
Once all images are posted and text added. Publish the post.