Part I – Selecting Folder
1. Open Adobe Bridge (AB)
2. Go to the Templates and Graphics folder.
3. Find the folder titles Graduation Senior Pics
4. Within in this folder you will find several folders with peoples first name only. (You will make up the last name.)
5. Open each folder and determine who’s folder of images you will use.
Part II – Laying Canvas Out in Photoshop
1. Open Adobe Photoshop.
2. Choose File > New
NOTE – Before doing the next step look at the folder of images you selected for ideas you would like or might want to use. Then also to help determine size.
3. Now determine your size of image. Set the Resolution to 200.
Card sizes are:
- 5.25 x 5.25
- 5 x 7
- 4 x 8
- 4 x 9.25
- 4.25 x 6
- 4 x 5.5
- 5 x 3.5
- 4.625 x 6.25
- 5.5 W x 11 H (5.5 x 5.5 folded)
- 8 W x 8 H (4 x 8 folded)
- 14 W x 5 H (7 x 5 folded)
- 5.25 W x 12.75 H
- 7 W x 13 H
- 10.5 W x 5 H
- 12 W x 5.5 H
Layout does NOT have to be square, below are the instructions:
- They’re are many designs. Click here to see the ones I have downloaded from Bayphoto.com
- To get the corresponding design go to Templates & Graphics > Photoshop Card Templates > Creative Edge
- Find the design, make sure to check the number, you’re needing from within the size folder.
NOTE — If you’re wanting to create a folded one follow the directions above and you’ll see folders designated for them also.
4. Once the file is open choose File > Save as
5. Save this to your Photoshop folder as Invite-Front.PSD
6. Again choose File > Save as
7. This time Save as Invite-Back.PSD
Part III – Designing Senior Graduation Announcement
1. You are designing a graduation invitation for the student who you chose
2. The following are items needed to complete the graduation design:
- Color and background is up to you.
- Images may have borders, border size is up to you.
- You may use the ideas from your folder or from these sites TinyPrints, Zazzle, Shutterfly, BayPhoto, BayPhoto2 or NapTime websites. You want more sites? Click here for Google search or here for Google Images of graduation invitations.
- Minimum number of images to use is 2.
- Design must be front and back.
- Design may be folded.
- Look for sites with text, like here. Or here
- Colors do NOT have be to be school related.
- Layout does NOT have to be square.
- You may download and use your own font design. Remember however the event information needs to be easily readable.
- Use your high school dates, time, and place info as your graduation information. See below for information.
3. Save each side when finished.
Graduation times and dates
- Harker Heights High School — June 1st, 3PM
- Shoemaker High School — June 1st, 8PM
- Killeen High School — June 2nd, 2PM
- Ellison High School — June 2nd, 7PM
Part IV – Saving, Uploading, & Printing
Open both the front and back invite designs.
Save them as JPEG format to your folder with the filenames Class period number-HighSchool-First Last Name-Front or Back. No Spaces! — Example 6-CHS-JustinCase-Back
Once both items have been saved and copied upload the JPEG images to your Flickr account.
Lastly print out both front and back designs to the HP4700 color laserjet printer.