Part I – Placing in Order
Using Adobe Lightroom go to the Grid mode (press letter G).
At the bottom of the screen in the options bar change Sort to “Custom Order”. (If you do not see “Sort” at the bottom of the screen click the down arrow in the RIGHT corner and place a check next to it.)
Now go through and place the images in order based on the following:
- Rule of Third – 8 Images
- Balance (Symmetrical) – 4 Images
- Perspective / Angle – 4 Images
- Framing – 4 Images
- Leading Lines – 4 Images
NOTE: Place your best of each category as the first one.
Part II – Naming (Metadata)
While in the Grid mode (G) make sure the Metadata area to the right is open.
Check to make sure the Metadata drop down area is set to Default.
Find the Title window. This is where you will input the image title.
Go through each image type the name of the element style with number. Separated by hyphens.
Example for RuleOfThird number 3.
Part III – Printing
1. Using the top right menu in Adobe Lightroom select the the Print (Ctrl+P) option.
2. Once in the print mode change the printer using the “Page Setup…” button in the bottom Left corner to the HP4350.
3. Using the keyboard press Ctrl+A
4. Now that all items are selected and still within Adobe Lightroom under the Template Browser area on the LEFT side of the screen open the Lightroom Templates.
5. Choose the 4×5 Contact Sheet.
6. Now go to the Page panel area on the right side of screen and make the following adjustments:
- Identity Plate – checked
- Override color – checked (black)
- Edit the Identity Plate to read Class Period-High School Letter-First and Last name. Example: 3-C-Justin Case
7. Move and enlarge the Identity plate to an area of the page where it can be seen and read.
8. Place a check for Page Options. Underneath do the following:
- Check – Page Numbers
- Uncheck – Page info
- Uncheck – Crop marks
- Check – Photo Info – Change to Title
9. Lastly under Print Job area make sure Print to: is set to Printer.
10. At this time press Print ONE TIME only.
Go and get your papers off the printer.
Part IV – Turning In
Take your Elements papers off the printer. Making sure that your Identity plate printed where you can see it. And that it has your class period, name, and high school.
Staple and turn in in to your teacher.