Research a notable and historical photographer.
Save all work in your History folder within your folder area.
1. Gather samples of their images. Minimum 12.
2. Identify the genre of photography they work.
Next step open the Research Template from the folder in Templates & Graphics > Famous Photographers. Save it to your folder.
3. Write 4 paragraphs using Word, at least 4 sentences each:
- Background info on the photographer, where they were born and date, indidicate years of life (and if still living), what got them interested in photography, what they shot when they were young, what was their inspiration, etc.
- Formal training they underwent or internships, mentors they had in the industry, where they found their influence, geographical locations this person shot, etc.
- What is their passion, what do they like to shoot, how did they get their start in the business, What they themselves said/say about their work (quotes OK) What others have said about the work, etc.
- Accolades and accomplishments, show, books, where they go from here, etc.
Save your file to your folder.
Creating a magazine cover featuring your photographer.
1. Open Adobe Photoshop start a new file. Make it the following settings:
- 8.5 Wide
- 11 Tall
- 300 DPI
2. A portrait of the photographer dominating the cover
3. “Headline” with their name as if it were the title of a magazine (make this prominent and large)
4. A “tagline” as to the genre of photography they are known for (make this italic and adjust your character spacing)
5. Stay consistent with your typeface and font choices, no novelty or decorative fonts allowed. If you choose sans serif stick with it, same goes for serif fonts.
6. Bullet points as to their major accomplishments (keep it to 3 strong ones)
7. 2 or 3 of their images (keep them even, aligned, properly scaled, clean, and tidy in layout with guides)
8. Save to your to your folder as PSD file.